Visa Advisory Regarding Students and Workers in Canada

travelalert - Copy2BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS, December 9, 2014 – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Homeland Security of St. Kitts and Nevis wishes to advise Nationals of St Kitts and Nevis having a valid study or work permit, currently living in Canada (study/working), and are travelling anywhere other than to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, that he/she needs to apply for a temporary resident visa at Canada’s Case Processing Pilot Office in Ottawa.

Please note that students in Canada may apply for an extension of their valid Student Authorization at CPC Vegreville but they MUST apply for a visa at CPC Ottawa.

The necessity of obtaining a visa applies only in cases where persons mentioned above travel outside of Canada, the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon.

People can only apply in Canada for a visitor’s visa if:
1. They are a legally admitted student or temporary foreign worker in Canada with a Canadian residential address;
2. Their current temporary resident status is still valid, and their existing visa counterfoil is expired or was valid for only one entry; and
3. They require a new resident visa to return to Canada in the near future.

In addition to Ottawa, visas can also be obtained from the Canadian High Commission in Trinidad.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Homeland Security of St. Kitts and Nevis shares this information and kindly anticipates the cooperation of the affected persons in accordance with this new policy instituted by the Government of Canada.

For further information, in Canada, please contact:
Mr John L. Allen, Honorary Consul General
Consulate General of St. Kitts and Nevis
Telephone: 1-416-368-6707
Email: jallen@cgstkittsnevis.ca

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs can be reached at telephone number: 1-869-467 1161.

Skip to toolbar